Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Several Reasons Why Many People Do Not Write For Publishing

Several reasons why many people do not write for publishing
(Become That Writer Part 1)
General lack of literacy skills
Failure to acquire some form of basic education may lead to one becoming illiterate. Writing requires some form of literal understanding of a certain language, either native or foreign. There are people who can't write their names even in their native language. Naturally, in such a situation we can't expect a person like this to write even if they have something to share.
Language barrier: I am scared my English is not that Perfect!
I know writing is a very daunting task for many people especially given the fact that English is a second language. Many countries have English as a second language, hence it is a bit challenging for natives to express their thoughts in English. Yes, writing is not only supposed to be in English, yet honestly speaking, if you are to write for an international audience, you would need English. However, due to its demanding nature, English has scared many potential writers away from the writing block.
Lack of knowledge on Publishing
Many people do not know how to go about publishing their work. Many are writing, yet their work perishes with them. I used to write a lot when I was in school, yet all that work just came to nothing because I didn't know where to go with it. Only lately when I realised the online platforms like blogging that I started publishing - what we don't know destroys us.
Fear of Rejection
Most people do not write because they are afraid of being not listened to or simply being rejected by the public. Criticism is one of the most reason why people remain quiet even if they have something worthwhile to share with others. Worse when it's something to do with the public. However, if you are afraid of people you will never get yourself heard.
Lack of Drive/ Will Power to Write
Many people have ideas and things to write about, but just that they lack the drive to write. Remember writing is a process, it calls for dedication and effort. If you are reading this article, remember someone had to sit down for hours, if not days to get it perfect.
Lack of Self-Confidence
Normally, writing is as good as talking to people. When you write to the public, you are expressing your thoughts to the public, hence if you lack self-confidence, you will not be able to do it. Your writing is expressing your mind on paper. Naturally, there are people who are born like that, they are afraid of the public. If fear is a part of you, then writing for the public will be a mountain task for you to climb.
Enough for reasons why some people don't write for publishing. In my next feature, I will show you how you need to deal with your English language problem to boost your writing career.

No comments:

Post a Comment