Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Write Based On Your Passion

People are continually surprised when they ask me how many books I have written, and I tell them I have over twenty and counting. They seem amazed and some question how I write my books, and when do I find the time. The truth of the matter is that if something is a passion, if it is an issue you feel strong, excited and enthusiastic about, then you can write about it.
What motivates you? What do you get thrilled about, or what do you enjoy talking and thinking about? These things should give you great ideas of what to write about. Writing is an expression of the heart.
Of course some people just write a book to say they wrote one. And others write anything that comes to their minds hoping to just make a lot of money from it. But the gems of literature, the writings which stand out are those which come from the inside, from the heart and minds of the individuals driven and passionate concerning their subject.
There are various kinds of books. Some write poetry, while others may write fiction. And others still write non-fiction. Then there are different genres of writings when it comes to books. There are comics, romantic books, self-help books, motivational and inspirational books, Christian writings, drama and suspense books, and much more. You will need to determine what kinds of books excite you and which kind you have experience and find fulfillment in when writing. When you are passionate about something you will find a delight in staying with it.
I began writing non-fiction. I find it a delight to do so for I write based upon my passion. Then I started writing fiction. My fictional books are also based upon what I love speaking about. This is why I can do so again and again. Actually, I am now able to write a book in a month if I have minimal distractions, and I do mean a good book of substance too.
Now you may say, "Well, I am passionate about the book I am writing, but I am still finding it so difficult to write the book." I can understand that. My first book that I released was the hardest, I guess, that I wrote. But once that first one was out the others did flowed. And this, most likely, will be your experience too. You just need to persevere and get that first one out. Here are three things which may help and motivate you to do so. They may keep you going;
1. Write based upon your passion. Think on your book until you can feel it rising from deep within. If it is fiction, feel the characters. Ponder the details until it moves you to keep writing. Do this over and over again until you finish your book.
2. If you need to, "take a break," and go watch a movie or something which causes you to laugh until your mind is relaxed. Then get back to writing.
3. Go back and read what you have already written. Perhaps your thoughts are not flowing like they should because you have missed something out you should have included. Or perhaps you lost your trend of thought somewhere and the writing is not flowing properly and together. Fix that and then your thoughts will take you further. A book should flow together.
Write base on what motivates and excites you. Write your passion. This is in essence produce a great book much of the time.
Sheldon D. Newton is an international speaker and best-selling author. Some of his books include: Lessons I Learned As An Author; Diligence, the Master Key To Achieving Your Dreams; Genna's Fight; Thrown Away and How To Pray And Get Results. He lives in Nassau, Bahamas with his wife and two children

No comments:

Post a Comment