When I wrote my first book in 2004 my publicist told me, "you've
got to write articles to get your message out and sell books!" Being a
good soldier I saluted and contemplated how I was going to get it done.
My publicist turned me on to a ghost writer who wrote an article under
my guidance. After paying way too much for the article and seeing the
finished product, I vowed never again to have someone else write for me.
I decided that if I had crappy articles it was going to be because I
was the one who wrote them, not because I paid someone to write crappy
articles for me.
When I wrote my first article, I decided on the topic and just started writing. It was a disaster. The content was disjointed, lacked focus, and made no sense. It also took me hours and hours to produce a piece of garbage. There had to be a better way. Fortunately I found it after a lot of trial and error.
Fast forward to today. I've written hundreds of articles and locked down on a methodology to writing articles which stay on topic, aren't disjointed, and are easy to create. Here's what I do:
Every article I write has four sections, as follows:
Happy writing!
When I wrote my first article, I decided on the topic and just started writing. It was a disaster. The content was disjointed, lacked focus, and made no sense. It also took me hours and hours to produce a piece of garbage. There had to be a better way. Fortunately I found it after a lot of trial and error.
Fast forward to today. I've written hundreds of articles and locked down on a methodology to writing articles which stay on topic, aren't disjointed, and are easy to create. Here's what I do:
Every article I write has four sections, as follows:
- Opening story
- Core message, or "meat" of the article
- Take-aways
- Close
- Take-aways
- Core message, or "meat" of the article
- Close
- Opening story
Happy writing!
No comments:
Post a Comment